Day two


Today I spent the majority of my time understanding screenplays and how they work to create the final project. I focused on a screenplay and a pilot. I read The Humans and Dead to Me. As I read through each I learned about the power of dialogue, character development, and plot. While reading through a chunk of The Humans I watched the movie while reading it. This allowed me to see how screenplays are represented in the final project. I noticed that a majority of the screenplay makes the movie however, sometimes scenes get switched around or little pieces of dialogue are added or subtracted. After reading these screenplays I began to develop an idea of what my screenplay will look like and I have found a few more screenplays to read that are more closely connected to my vision for my screenplay. Today, I am not only developing my understanding of screenplays but, I also began analyzing the other screenplay I am working on. I took notes that I intend to go over with my instructor tomorrow. It took me four hours to totally read and take notes on these screenplays. I also spent an hour taking notes on the other screenplay. (05/9/23 - 6:30) That is 5 hours in total however, I intend to spend an extra hour tonight working on note-taking for the other screenplay(I will add those to today in my next blog)(45.5 hours left)

Comments

  1. What a fun project! I am excited to see what you come up with as a screenplay! Sarah McIntyre

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts